Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yields: 5 medium pancakes
There is no reason why we need to restrict our food choices! Pancakes can be delicious, healthy, and satisfying.
A well-balanced breakfast, especially one like this with higher protein and fiber content will help us feel satiated and energized for our day.
I love eating these pancakes with a blueberry sauce. It’s not only extremely tasty, but also filled with antioxidants such as anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins and rich in vitamin A and C.
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg white
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Fresh Berries
- Real Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Banana Slices
- Sliced Almonds
1. In a blender, pour almond milk, eggs, egg white, banana, maple syrup, vanilla (optional), rolled oats and baking powder and salt.
2. Blend until smooth
3. Heat skillet over medium heat. Once warmed, spray with non-stick cooking spray or place coconut oil or butter in a skillet. Pour the pancake batter into the skillet in round circles.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Drizzle with real maple syrup and toppings of choice